Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Focus Paralane2 9.6 Disc Electric Road Bike 2020
- Brands Focus
- Product Code: MCT-P744
- Availability: In Stock
The heart of any e-bike has to be the motor. The Paralane2 9.6 Disc Electric Road Bike uses the FAZUA evation battery and motor to give up to 250 watts assistance depending on which of the three settings has been selected. When the speed reaches 25 kilometres per hour (roughly 15 miles per hour), which is the legal limit in the U.K., the motor automatically decouples itself so that it d..
The heart of any e-bike has to be the motor. The Paralane2 9.6 Disc Electric Road Bike uses the FAZUA evation battery and motor to give up to 250 watts assistance depending on which of the three settings has been selected. When the speed reaches 25 kilometres per hour (roughly 15 miles per hour), which is the legal limit in the U.K., the motor automatically decouples itself so that it doesn’t provide any resistance. What is more, the entire battery system can be easily removed to lighten the bike if assistance is not required at all for a ride.
The frame on the Paralane2 9.6 Disc Electric Road Bike isn’t just an afterthought for carrying the battery and motor. Focus developed Road Boost Technology to accommodate the wider bottom bracket necessitated by the motor in order to keep the chain line and gear changing as efficient as possible. Borrowing ideas from the mountain bike sector, the Paralane2 uses wider hubs to ensure the optimum chain line for gear shifting, which in turn eliminates ghost shifting and greatly reduces chain wear. It also has the added advantage of giving the wheels greater stiffness and stability. The Paralane2 frame features C.I.A. (comfort improving areas) to give a smooth, comfortable ride. The seat tube, seatstays and chainstays have all been designed to flex and hence iron out road bumps and imperfections. This comfort is aided by the fact that the Paralane2 has been designed with sufficient clearance to accept tyres up to 35mm in width, and comes complete with Curana C-Lite mudguards.
The Shimano 105 11-speed disc brake groupset on the Paralane2 9.6 Disc Electric Road Bike needs little introduction. Shimano’s third tier groupset gives only a little away in terms of performance and weight to its more expensive brethren and has proved itself beyond doubt as a reliable, efficient riding partner. The Paralane 9.6 uses an 11-34t cassette, which when coupled with the FSA 50-34t chainset, gives a fantastic range of gears that will be enough for any incline. Stopping duties are performed admirably by the Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic disc brakes which will perform fade-free corner after corner.
- BIKE SPEC
- FRAME: Focus carbon SL E-Road, disc, road boost 148x12mm through axle, RAT Evo technology, flat mount 140mm, internal brake and gear cable routing
- FORK: Focus Carbon, disc, road boost 110x12mm RAT through axle, RAT Evo technology, flat mount 140mm, internal brake cable routing
- STEM: BBB Deluxe, aluminium, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degree
- HANDLEBAR: BBB Deluxe, aluminium, drop: 125mm, reach: 70mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic disc, 16 mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic disc, 160mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: SHIMANO BRR7025
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano 105 R7000
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano 105 R7020
- CASSETTE: Shimano 105 11-34T
- CRANKSET: FSA aluminium arm, 50-34T
- FRONT WHEEL: DT Swiss RR521 SPLINE DB, 32mm height with DT Swiss 370 boost hub
- REAR WHEEL: DT Swiss RR521 SPLINE DB, 32mm height with DT Swiss 370 boost hub
- FRONT TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 28C clincher
- REAR TYRE: Continental Ultra Sport II, 700 x 28C clincher
- SADDLE: Prologo Scratch
- SEATPOST: BBB CPX Plus, Carbon, 27.2mm, 350mm, set-back: 20mm
- BATTERY: FAZUA evation, 250 Wh, removable
- MOTOR: FAZUA evation, 60 Nm, 250 Watt
- BATTERY CAPACITY: 7 Ah (250 Wh)
- ACCESSORIES: Curana C-Lite mudguards
- MANUFACTURER CLAIMED WEIGHT: 13.65kg (size 54cm without pedals)