Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Focus Paralane2 9.8 Disc Electric Road Bike 2020
- Brands Focus
- Product Code: MCT-P742
- Availability: In Stock
When designing the Paralane2 9.8 Disc Electric Road Bike Focus wanted to produce a great road bike first and foremost, with the electrical assistance being an integral part of the overall ride experience rather than the dominant feature. To this end Focus produced a full carbon frame into which the 250 watt battery and motor system sits cohesively, although it can be removed completely if not required (saving 3.3kg). The frame was developed with oversized Road Boost Technology spacing for the hubs in order for the chainline to be better in line with the wider bottom bracket needed to house the motor. This added width eliminated ghost shifting and significantly reduced chain wear, along with adding some useful stiffness and durability to the wheels themselves. The seatstays, chainstays and seat tube were all designed with flatter cross-sections, in order to build in a degree of compliance and comfort without compromising lateral stiffness or handling. The space to fit 35mm tyres also adds to the Paralane 9.8’s potential for a smooth ride.
The 11-speed Shimano Ultegra R8050 Di2 groupset is a very welcome premium addition to the Paralane 9.8, which alongside the Shimano Ultegra R8020 hydraulic disc brakes, provides fingertip lightness to the gear shifting and braking. The 52-36 tooth FSA chainrings and 11-34 tooth Ultegra R8000 cassette give a range of electrically operated gears wide enough for even the most arduous of rides, whilst the Shimano Ultegra R8020 hydraulic disc brakes will bring things swiftly to a halt when required whatever the weather conditions.
- BIKE SPEC
- FRAME: Focus carbon SL E-Road, disc, road boost 148x12mm through axle, RAT Evo technology, flat mount 140mm, internal brake and gear cable routing
- FORK: Focus Carbon, disc, road boost 110x12mm RAT through axle, RAT Evo technology, flat mount 140mm, internal brake cable routing
- STEM: BBB Deluxe, aluminium, 31.8mm, +/- 7 degree
- HANDLEBAR: BBB Deluxe, aluminium, drop: 125mm, reach: 70mm
- FRONT BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra R8020 hydraulic disc, 160mm
- REAR BRAKE: Shimano Ultegra R8020 hydraulic disc, 160mm
- BRAKE LEVERS: SHIMANO BRR8020
- FRONT DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra R8050 Di2
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Ultegra R8050 Di2
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Ultegra BRR8070 Di2
- CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra R8000 11-34T
- CRANKSET: FSA carbon arm, 52-36T
- FRONT WHEEL: DT Swiss RR521 SPLINE DB, 32mm height with DT Swiss 370 boost hub
- REAR WHEEL: DT Swiss RR521 SPLINE DB, 32mm height with DT Swiss 370 boost hub
- FRONT TYRE: Continental GP4000S II, 700 x 28C, folding clincher
- REAR TYRE: Continental GP4000S II, 700 x 28C, folding clincher
- SADDLE: Prologo Scratch
- SEATPOST: BBB CPX Plus, Carbon, 27.2mm, 350mm, set-back: 20mm
- BATTERY: FAZUA evation, 250 Wh, removable
- MOTOR: FAZUA evation, 60 Nm, 250 W
- BATTERY CAPACITY: 7 Ah (250 Wh)
- ACCESSORIES: Curana C-Lite mudguards
- MANUFACTURER WEIGHT: 12.95kg (size 54cm without pedals)
The 250 watt battery and motor system from German brand Fazua can be set to provide three different levels of assistance, and will step in unobtrusively to help up to the legal U.K. limit of 25 kilometres per hour (roughly 15 miles per hour) with up to 60Nm of torque. When not required the motor decouples itself completely so that there is no system drag to pedal against.