Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon C S 27.5" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P566
- Availability: In Stock
The Santa Cruz Bronson Carbon C S 27.5" Mountain Bike is billed as their versatile model, the bike that will cope with a variety of terrain and riding. How have they achieved this? They looked at all aspects of the bike to create a platform that will allow the rider to think about where they'll ride rather than whether they could.
For any bike designed to be a mountain bike all-rounder, it needs to have the suspension dialled in. Santa Cruz uses RockShox on this Bronson, for their reliability and expertise in the suspension world, but they have combined this with 150mm of Virtual Pivot Point travel. The essence of this combination is to smooth out the bumps and give the rider as much traction as possible, all the time. With all this go forward momentum you need a front-end that can deal with the power and provide confident handling. You can swap tyres and go bigger should you want to and to make sure the ride feel doesn't change, you can use the flip-chip to alter the chainstay position. Longer will provide more traction and if you go shorter, you'll have more nimble handling. The challenges of the trails can be rolled through with ease and agility on the 27.5" wheelset, the wheel size combining nimble handling and robustness.
Upfront the RockShox Lyrik fork will take matters under its control, thanks to the DebonAir; the air spring combined with the Charger RC Damper to provide a consistent response and feel to the bumps so you're not suddenly surprised by a sharp rebound. With the handling taken care of, you want to guarantee to stop under control and can be modulated to stop in a hurry or to scrub a little speed off, the hydraulic brakes will ensure this aspect is managed assuredly.
All manner of obstacles can be tackled thanks to the wide-ranging 12-speed cassette and every ratio will be reliably engaged by the SRAM GX Eagle groupset. Taking on the technical descents, you'll want your saddle height adjusted on-the-fly, with the Rockshox Reverb Stealth dropper post you have this option.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz Carbon C
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Select+ with 160mm travel, 27.5"
- Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+
- Headset: Cane Creek 40 IS Integrated Headset
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Stem: Race Face Ride 50mm
- Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect R 35x780
- Grips: Santa Cruz Palmdale Grips
- Front Brake: SRAM Code R hydraulic disc, Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Rear Brake: SRAM Code R hydraulic disc, Rotors: Avid Centerline 180mm
- Brake Levers: SRAM Code R hydraulic disc
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shift Levers: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50T, 12-speed
- Crankset: SRAM Stylo 7k 148 DUB, 32t - 165mm (XS), 170mm (S-M), 175mm (L-XL)
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Front Wheel: Hub: DT 370 15x110 32H, Rim: Race Face AR Offset 30 27.5", Spokes: DT Competition (32)
- Rear Wheel: Hub: SDT 370 12x148 32H, Rim: Race Face AR Offset 30 27.5", Spokes: DT Competition (32)
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHF 3C EXO TR 27.5"x2.5", clincher
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR2 EXO TR 27.5"x2.4", clincher
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Race Saddle
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Manufacturers claimed weight: 14.09kg / 31.07lbs
- Sealant: Stan's Sealant, tubeless ready