Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Hightower Alloy D 29" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P439
- Availability: In Stock
The Hightower Alloy D 29 Mountain Bike blends all of Santa Cruz’s off-road knowledge and presents it within one entity to conquer any genre of trail. Trails with jumps, trails with rocks, trails with uncountable tight turns, the Hightower is equipped to confront all with consummate ease.
The aluminium frame has a strong disposition and is ready for the rough stuff while its balanced geometry ensures that it’s nimble and spritely through sinuous tracks and paths. The integrated lower-link-mounted suspension unit provides progressive damping for comfort and increased trail control before the RockShox fork increases line precision via its plush 150mm of travel.
All obstacles can be rolled through with apparent ease on the 29-inch wheelset, its larger diameter ensuring smooth passage no matter the surface. The WTB rims are solid and dependable while the SRAM MTH hubs and their boost configuration add lateral stiffness and increased acceleration response.
All manner of landscapes can be scaled thanks to the wide-ranging 12-speed cassette with every ratio being found with precision by the ever-dependable SRAM SX Eagle gear set up. Forward drive is courtesy of the SRAM SX Eagle crankset, this working in unison with its oversize DUB axle to ensure efficient power transfer from rider to machine. Braking is then performed by a hydraulic configuration that affords modulated, powerful stopping regardless of the riding conditions.
A dropper post, courtesy of Race Face, allows for a tuned saddle height before a Flip Chip rear suspension feature further expands the versatility of an already comprehensive trail companion. This technology allows the rider to fine-tune the rear shock depending on what terrain is to be faced during the ride ahead.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz Aluminium with VPP lower-link mounted shock design | Threaded BB for convenience | Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub | Tailgate shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock guard, and noise-cancelling chainstay protector | Water bottle mounts inside the main frame
- Fork: RockShox 35 Gold RL 150mm travel, 29-inch
- Rear Shock: FOX Float Performance DPS, 140mm travel
- Stem: Race Face Ride 50mm
- Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect R 35x780
- Front Brake: SRAM Guide T with Avid Centerline 180mm brake rotors
- Rear Brake: SRAM Guide T with Avid Centerline 180mm brake rotors
- Brake Levers: SRAM Guide T
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shift Levers: SRAM SX Eagle, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM CS PG1210 Eagle 10-50, 12-speed
- Chain: SRAM CN SX Eagle 12-speed
- Crankset: SRAM SX Eagle 148 DUB, 30 tooth chainring
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Front Wheel: WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0 29-inch alloy rim, SRAM MTH 716 110 x 15mm thru-axle, Torque Cap, 32 x DT Competition spokes
- Rear Wheel: WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0 29-inch alloy rim, SRAM MTH 746 148 x 12mm thru-axle, XD, 32 x DT Competition spokes
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR2 29"x2.4" 3C EXO - Tubeless
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR2 29"x2.4" 3C EXO - Tubeless
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Race Saddle
- Seatpost: Race Face Aeffect 150mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 15.64kg / 34.48lbs (size medium)