Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Hightower Alloy Mountain Bike Frame 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P502
- Availability: In Stock
The Santa Cruz Hightower Alloy Mountain Bike Frame is a multifaceted chassis that excels on any trail. Facilitating tight twists and turns or absorbing big hits, the Hightower is just as at home winching up climbs as it is rocketing down descents.
The high-grade aluminium frame tubing is neatly welded together within a balanced geometry that results in a nimble, composed and aesthetically pleasing chassis. The one-piece swingarm rear suspension unit then partners the main triangle with them being conjoined via a VPP lower-link and RockShox damping unit configuration. This setup promotes a progressive shock rate, stable rear wheel tracking and increased mid-stroke support to grant a ride filled with pedalling efficiency, trail traction and accuracy.
These positive ride traits can then be fine-tuned by the rider thanks to the Flip Chip that is neatly nestled within the rear linkage. This unit alters the bottom bracket height, bottom-out resistance and shock rate to promote a tailored ride based on rider preferences or the trail complexity ahead.
Primarily designed around 29-inch wheels, the Hightower's versatility is further extended by also accommodating 27.5-inch wheels should the terrain dictate these to be the superior choice. The frame is then completed by a threaded bottom bracket for ease of maintenance, water bottle bolts inside the main triangle and refined, neat cable routing.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz Alloy | One-piece swingarm | VPP lower-link mounted shock design | Flip Chip units in the lower link
- Fork Compatibility: 150-170mm
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ rear shock, 140mm travel
- Wheel size compatibility: 29” (27.5-inch with Hi BB setting and 160mm travel fork)
- Tyre clearance: Up to 2.4” (2.8” with 27.5” wheels)
- Recommended headset: IS41/52 Integrated (SHIS name: IS 41/28.6 IS 52/40)
- Seatpost diameter compatibility: 31.6mm
- Eye to Eye length: 210mm
- Stroke: 52.5mm
- Thru-axle: 12mm rear x 148 boost
- Bottom bracket shell: Threaded BSA 73mm
- Max Chainring Size: 36t
- Chainline Spec: Boost
- Brake Types: 180mm Post Mount
- Shock Mounting Bushing Front: 20x8
- Shock Mounting Bushing Rear: 30x8
- Chainguide compatibility: Yes
- Changeable rear derailleur hanger: Yes
- Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub
- Shuttle guard
- Downtube protector | Shock guard | Ribbed chainstay protector
- Water bottle mounts inside the main frame.
- Included in delivery: Frame including RockShox Super Deluxe Select+ shock, 12mm thru-axle and seat clamp
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 2.5kg, size M