Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Hightower Alloy R 29" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P554
- Availability: In Stock
Santa Cruz has blended some of their most prominent off-road design traits to result in the Hightower Alloy R 29 Mountain Bike. Conceived to excel across as many different trail scenarios as possible the Hightower is just at home on sinuous downhills as it is across technical, rock-strewn singletrack.
The agile aluminium frame permits manoeuvrability within the tightest of situations before trail composure and poise is added by the integrated lower-link-mounted rear suspension design and its partnering FOX Float shock. This suspension design is then complemented at the front with increased trail control and precision provided by the RockShox Yari RC fork and its 150mm of plush cushioning.
The 29-inch wheelset and its larger diameter facilitates smooth passage across any terrain before its boost configuration naturally adds lateral stiffness. The dependable WTB alloy rims within the build are unperturbed by roots, ruts and rocks before the SRAM MTH hubs provide reliable, long-lasting performance even during mucky conditions.
A 12-speed cassette with a huge range of ratios allows for exploration of any topography and is managed by crisp and proficient gear changes by the SRAM NX Eagle groupset. Forward drive is catered for by the SRAM crankset and its efficient DUB axle before braking is taken care of in a modulated manner by a fully hydraulic configuration. The Race Face Aeffect dropper seat post then allows for intuitive adjustment of the saddle height granting control for technical trails or maximum pedalling efficiency for when putting down the power.
An already hugely versatile build is complemented further by the Flip Chip feature. This technology permits rider-tuned rear suspension levels that can be altered in line with the forthcoming trails.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz Aluminium with VPP lower link mounted shock design | Threaded BB for convenience | Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub | Tailgate shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock guard, and noise-cancelling chainstay protector | Water bottle mounts inside the main frame
- Fork: RockShox Yari RC 150mm travel, 29-inch
- Rear Shock: FOX Float Performance DPS, 140mm travel
- Stem: Race Face Ride 50mm
- Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect R 35x780
- Front Brake: SRAM Guide R with Avid Centerline 180mm brake rotors
- Rear Brake: SRAM Guide R with Avid Centerline 180mm brake rotors
- Brake Levers: SRAM Guide R
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shift Levers: SRAM NX Eagle, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM PG1230 10-50, 12-speed
- Chain: SRAM NX Eagle 12-speed
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle 148 DUB, 30 tooth chainring
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Front Wheel: WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0 29-inch alloy rim, SRAM MTH 716 110 x 15mm thru-axle, Torque Cap, 32 x DT Competition spokes
- Rear Wheel: WTB ST i29 TCS 2.0 29-inch alloy rim, SRAM MTH 746 148 x 12mm thru-axle, XD, 32 x DT Competition spokes
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR2 29"x2.4" 3C EXO - Tubeless
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR2 29"x2.4" 3C EXO - Tubeless
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Race Saddle
- Seatpost: Race Face Aeffect 150mm
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 15.64kg / 34.48lbs (size medium)