Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Hightower Alloy S 29" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P448
- Availability: In Stock
The Santa Cruz Hightower Alloy S 29 Mountain Bike has been conceived to be a comprehensively versatile trail bike that will tackle any terrain that it is directed at. It has a spritely but robust soul and is more manoeuvrable than longer travel bikes but has ample amounts of travel for when the going gets rough.
The high-grade aluminium frame is light but robust and features a geometry that balances reactivity and composure for all manner of off-road riding scenarios. The VPP lower-link-mounted suspension design and its integrated RockShox damper unit soaks up the hits with a smooth, progressive action to allow for calm and collected trail control. The chassis is then complemented by the RockShox Lyrik Select+ fork that increases line accuracy and comfort via its 150mm of plush travel.
The wheelset is comprised of the dependable and burly Race Face AR alloy rims together with the low maintenance, smooth-spinning DT Swiss 370 hubs. This 29er wheelset is built within a Boost configuration to result in a stiff, responsive wheel that rolls through any obstacles that are presented.
Gear changing is charged to the venerable SRAM GX Eagle set up that clicks through the wide-ranging, 12-speed cassette with unfaltering accuracy. Forward drive is then catered for by the SRAM crankset and its efficient, oversize DUB axle before stopping duties are served by a fully hydraulic set up for modulated, powerful braking in any conditions.
The RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper seatpost allows the rider to adjust the saddle height on-the-fly in line with the technicality of the trail ahead. Flip Chip technology then completes the build comprehensively by enabling the rider to fine-tune the level and feel of the rear suspension according to the day of riding ahead.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz Aluminium with VPP lower-link mounted shock design | Threaded BB for convenience | Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub | Tailgate shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock guard, and noise-cancelling chainstay protector | Water bottle mounts inside the main frame
- Fork: RockShox Lyrik Select+ 150mm travel, 29-inch
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Select+, 140mm travel
- Stem: Race Face Ride 50mm
- Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect R 35x780
- Front Brake: SRAM Code R with Avid Centerline 180mm brake rotors
- Rear Brake: SRAM Code R with Avid Centerline 180mm brake rotors
- Brake Levers: SRAM Code R
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shift Levers:SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50, 12-speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed
- Crankset: SRAM NX Eagle 148 DUB, 30 tooth chainring
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Front Wheel: Race Face AR Offset 30 29-inch alloy rim, DT 370 hub 110 x 15mm thru-axle, 32 x DT Competition spokes
- Rear Wheel: Race Face AR Offset 30 29-inch alloy rim, DT 370 hub 148 x 12mm thru-axle, XD, 32 x DT Competition spokes
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR2 29"x2.4" 3C EXO - Tubeless
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Minion DHR2 29"x2.4" 3C EXO - Tubeless
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Race Saddle
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 15.43kg / 34.02lbs (size medium)