Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon C S Coil 29" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P664
- Availability: In Stock
With a full carbon chassis, fast-rolling and hard-hitting 29er wheels and plush levels of travel, the Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon C S Coil 29" Mountain Bike is the brand’s burliest of trail bikes. Its territory is the roughest of terrain with its rugged but composed demeanour gifting confidence to any rider of any ability.
The full composite frame naturally affords rough surface compliance and rider input response via its tailored material layup. These ingrained traits are joined by the VPP lower-link-mounted rear suspension concept and coil shock that together supply progressive levels of damping for unrivalled trail traction and bottom-out resistance. The FOX 36 Float Performance suspension fork then contributes heightened levels of trail accuracy to the ride equation via its plush but refined levels of travel.
An even geometry that is collected but reactive offers ride serenity whether climbing or descending but this can be fine-tuned via the Flip Chip units that are integrated neatly into the rear linkage and rear dropouts. These features can be easily user adjusted and work by refining the bike's identity in view of the forthcoming trail conditions.
The large 29-inch wheels allow positive rolling across even the most rutted of surfaces and these comprise the solid, dependable Race Face AR rims and the low-hassle, smooth-rolling DT Swiss 370 hubs. Built within a boost configuration, these wheels are durable and precise, allowing them to handle any trail conditions with aplomb.
Any topography can be conquered thanks to the vast array of gear ratios granted by the 12-speed cassette. A ten tooth sprocket allows consistent power transfer when thundering along fire roads while the huge 50 tooth sprocket will facilitate winching to the top of any slope. Forward drive is then courtesy of the efficient SRAM crank arms and oversized DUB axle before stopping duties are provided by a modulated and accurate hydraulic brake setup.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz C Carbon with VPP lower-link mounted shock design | Threaded BB for convenience | Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub | Shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock guard, and ribbed chainstay protector | Water bottle mounts inside the main frame
- Fork: Fox 36 Float Performance 160mm, 29”
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Select+ rear shock, 160mm travel
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect R 40mm
- Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect R 35x780 20mm rise
- Front Brake: SRAM Code R with Avid Centerline 200mm brake rotors
- Rear Brake: SRAM Code R with Avid Centerline 200mm brake rotors
- Brake Levers: SRAM Code R
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shift Levers: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50, 12-speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed
- Crankset: SRAM Stylo 7k 148 DUB, 30 tooth chainring
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Front Wheel: Race Face AR Offset 30 29-inch alloy rims, DT 370 hub 110 x 15mm thru-axle, 32 x DT Competition spokes
- Rear Wheel: Race Face AR Offset 30 29-inch alloy rims, DT 370 hub 148 x 12mm thru-axle, 32 x DT Competition spokes
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ Tubeless Ready
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ Tubeless Ready
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 14.89kg / 32.83lbs (size medium)
A RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper post and Race Face handlebar and stem combo then wrap up what is a meticulous off-road spec list.