Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon C S Coil Reserve 29" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P666
- Availability: In Stock
Designed for the toughest and hardest hitting of trails, the Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon C S Coil Reserve 29" Mountain Bike is the most capable and confidence-inspiring trail bike within the brand’s quiver. Armed with 29er wheels and sumptuous suspension, the Megatower is set for racing across or exploring within any off-road landscape.
The full carbon frame is responsive but strong and resilient for the hardest of terrain and features the integrated VPP lower-link-mounted suspension system. This, along with the coil shock, offers a composed and progressive shock rate and is partnered by the plush FOX fork to promote ultimate levels of trail adhesion and line accuracy, even when the ground is heavily root and rock-strewn.
The ride-refining Flip Chips complement a geometry that is honed to offer ideal riding positions for either climbing or descending. These user-adjustable items are placed cleverly within the rear linkage unit and rear dropouts and alter the ride sensation depending on the forthcoming trail conditions.
Santa Cruz Reserve 29-inch wheels feature the brands own full carbon rims, with a special material layup to enhance strength and compliance across the roughest of ground. The offset drilling then facilitates more even spoke tension to result in a more durable, responsive build before the DT Swiss hubs bring their reliability and no-fuss maintenance into the wheelset package.
Any topography, up sharp escarpments or down sinuous forest tracks, is conquerable with the vast range of gear ratios provided by the 12-speed cassette. The adept SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed groupset actuates these gears while forward drive is courtesy of the stiff, oversize DUB axle and partnering crank arms.
A hydraulic braking system makes sure of accurate and powerful braking before a RockShox Reverb Stealth dropper post and Race Face bar and stem configuration complete a comprehensive build list.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz C Carbon with VPP lower-link mounted shock design | Threaded BB for convenience | Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub | Shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock guard, and ribbed chainstay protector | Water bottle mounts inside the main frame
- Fork: Fox 36 Float Performance 160mm, 29”
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Select+ rear shock, 160mm travel
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect R 40mm
- Handlebar: Race Face Aeffect R 35x780 20mm rise
- Front Brake: SRAM Code R with Avid Centerline 200mm brake rotors
- Rear Brake: SRAM Code R with Avid Centerline 200mm brake rotors
- Brake Levers: SRAM Code R
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Shift Levers: SRAM GX Eagle, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG1275 Eagle 10-50, 12-speed
- Chain: SRAM GX Eagle 12-speed
- Crankset: SRAM Stylo 7k 148 DUB, 30 tooth chainring
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Front Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, DT 370 hub 110 x 15mm thru-axle, XD, 28 x DT Competition spokes
- Rear Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, DT 370 hub 148 x 12mm thru-axle, XD, 28 x DT Competition spokes
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ Tubeless Ready
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ Tubeless Ready
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Pro
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 14.89kg / 32.83lbs (size medium)