Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon CC X01 SDU Reserve 29" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P670
- Availability: In Stock
The integration of momentum-preserving 29er wheels and the hardest hitting suspension configuration make the Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon CC X01 SDU Reserve 29" Mountain Bike the burliest trail bike within the revered companies off-road collection.
Composed from the highest grade of carbon fibre, the frame’s composition is structured to enhance stiffness and strength across areas of high stress. This advanced layup is allied by the VPP lower-link-mounted rear suspension unit and its 160mm of travel to deliver comprehensive traction and bottom-out resistance via the ultimately progressive shock rate. Further trail precision and unflappable line control is then granted by the FOX 36 Float Performance Elite fork and its plush levels of suspension.
The balanced geometry facilitates both efficient climbing and accurate descending, but the rider can fine-tune this via Flip Chips that are placed within the rear suspension linkage and the rear dropouts. Adjusting these units alters the ride characteristics so that the absolute maximum can be gleaned from the bike regardless of the trail ahead.
The 29-inch wheelset naturally rolls over obstacles with aplomb, but the performance is exaggerated by the utilisation of Santa Cruz’s carbon rims. These rims feature a specific composite construction to escalate strength and enable them to handle the hardest of impacts. Off-centre spoke drilling leads to a studier build by equalising spoke tensions before the DT Swiss 350 hubs add their reliability and low maintenance to the wheelset recipe.
A vast array of gear ratios are afforded by the 12-speed cassette allowing the unperturbed crossing of any landscape, up or down, with the sprocket selection governed by the accurate and adept SRAM X01 Eagle groupset. Direct forward motion is purposely translated by the SRAM X1 Eagle crank arms and their accompanying, oversize DUB axle before stopping is modulated by a powerful hydraulic format.
To complete the build the RockShox Reverb dropper post alters the saddle height on-the-go while the Santa Cruz carbon handlebar takes charge of line selection and obstacle avoidance.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz CC Carbon with VPP lower-link mounted shock design | Threaded BB for convenience | Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub | Shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock guard, and ribbed chainstay protector | Water bottle mounts inside the main frame
- Fork: Fox 36 Float Performance Elite 160mm, 29-inch
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate air rear shock, 160mm travel
- Stem: Race Face Aeffect R 40mm
- Handlebar: Santa Cruz Bicycles AM Carbon Bar 35x800
- Front Brake: SRAM Code RSC with Avid Centerline 200mm brake rotors
- Rear Brake: SRAM Code RSC with Avid Centerline 200mm brake rotors
- Brake Levers: SRAM Code RSC
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed
- Shift Levers: SRAM X01 Eagle, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG1295 Eagle 10-50, 12-speed
- Chain: SRAM X01 Eagle 12 Speed
- Crankset: SRAM X1 Eagle 148 DUB, 30 tooth chainring
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Front Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, DT 350 hub 110 x 15mm thru-axle, XD, 28 x DT Competition spokes
- Rear Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, DT 350 hub 148 x 12mm thru-axle, XD, 28 x DT Competition Race spokes
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ - Tubeless Ready
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ - Tubeless Ready
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Team Saddle
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 14.27kg / 31.46lbs (size medium)