Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon CC XTR Coil Reserve 29" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P543
- Availability: In Stock
The Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon CC XTR Coil Reserve 29" Mountain Bike is the most robust trial bike within the collection and is designed for the biggest hits on the longest, fastest and roughest terrain. Committed racers and serious enthusiasts alike will all benefit from the Megatowers’s blend of consistent momentum, accuracy and regulated cushioning that together instil vastly heightened levels of trail confidence.
The advanced composite construction of the frame stiffens and strengthens in critical, high-load areas before the VPP lower-link-mounted rear suspension concept, in unison with the Rockshox coil unit, dispenses a smooth and progressive shock rate for unmatched trail grip and purchase. The FOX 36 Float Factory fork then increases line accuracy, even when the ground is at its most rutted, by adding composure to the ride via its sumptuous levels of cushioning.
A balanced geometry, designed equally for climbing prowess and descending precision, is then complemented by the adjustable Flip Chip feature. This technology is placed in the rear suspension linkage and the rear dropouts and allows the rider to quickly fine-tune the ride characteristics in line with the severity and complexity of the trails that lie ahead.
The 29-inch Reserve wheelset is nimble, robust and fast-rolling thanks to its rim and hub combination. The rims, crafted from Santa Cruz’s own composite knowledge, feature an advanced layup to handle significant impacts before their off-centre drilling allows for more even spoke tensions and a sturdier build. The rims are matched to the i9 hubs with their smooth bearings and machined shell promoting low rolling resistance and robustness respectively.
The 12-speed wide-range cassette allows easy passage across any topography and is actuated with precision by the Shimano XTR electronic groupset. Forward drive is donated by the efficient E13 LG1r crankset while an XTR hydraulic brake configuration facilitates smooth and regulated stopping power within any riding conditions.
Crowning the already comprehensive build thoroughly are the RockShox Reverb dropper seatpost for on-the-fly saddle height adjustment, and a Santa Cruz carbon handlebar and i9 A35 stem combination for steering precision and trail vibration damping.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz CC Carbon with VPP lower-link mounted shock design | Threaded BB for convenience | Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub | Shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock guard, and ribbed chainstay protector | Water bottle mounts inside the main frame
- Fork: Fox 36 Float Factory 160mm, 29-inch
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate shock, 160mm travel
- Stem: i9 A35
- Handlebar: Santa Cruz Bicycles AM Carbon Bar 35x800
- Front Brake: Shimano XTR M9120 with Shimano XTR Ice. Tech, Centerlock, 203mm brake rotors
- Rear Brake: Shimano XTR M9120 with Shimano XTR Ice. Tech, Centerlock, 203mm brake rotors
- Brake Levers: Shimano XTR M9120
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M9100 SGS, 12-speed
- Shift Levers: Shimano XTR M9100 SL, I-Spec, 12-speed
- Cassette: Shimano XTR, 10-51, 12-speed
- Chain: Shimano XTR, w/Quick Link, 12-speed
- Crankset: E13 LG1r, Boost, 30 tooth chainring
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano XTR BB
- Front Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, i9 Hydra hub, Centerlock, 110 x 15mm thru-axle, 28 x DT Competition Race spokes
- Rear Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, i9 Hydra hub, MicroSpline, Centerlock,148 x 12mm thru-axle, 28 x DT Competition Race spokes
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ - Tubeless Ready
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ - Tubeless Ready
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Team Saddle
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 13.93kg / 30.71lbs (size medium)