Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon CC XTR SDU Reserve 29" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P671
- Availability: In Stock
The Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon CC XTR SDU Reserve 29" Mountain Bike is the perfect trail companion for serious racers or dedicated enthusiasts alike. The amalgamation of 29-inch wheels and vast levels of suspension allow the Megatower to tackle any severity of off-road terrain with complete composure and accuracy.
A full carbon frame is manipulated to add robustness in critical, high-stress areas before integrating the VPP lower-link-mounted rear suspension unit. This design, partnered with the RockShox air shock, delivers an ultimately progressive damping rate to maximise trail adhesion and increase bottom-out resistance. This is then joined in alliance by the FOX 36 Float Factory suspension fork that donates its plush 160mm of travel to heighten trail composure and precision.
The balanced geometry enables the rider to climb with efficiency and descend with confidence, but these riding traits can be fine-tuned and honed via the inbuilt Flip Chip technology. This feature instals levels of adjustment into the rear suspension and rear dropouts so that the rider can alter the ride characteristics depending on the complexity of the trails ahead.
The Reserve 29-inch wheelset comprises Santa Cruz’s own carbon rims and the i9 Hydra hubset. The rims feature an advanced composite construction to ensure strength and resilience for even the rockiest of trails while the hubs promote smooth-rolling bearings within a hardy, precision machined shell.
Gear changing is courtesy of the Shimano XTR M9100 groupset. This is the pinnacle of the Japanese brand's range and delivers unfaltering electronic shifting across the wide-ranging 12-speed cassette. The super-efficient E13 LG1r crankset then manages forward propulsion before stopping duties are handed to the XTR hydraulic configuration and its modulated, powerful braking capacity.
A RockShox Reverb dropper post, Santa Cruz carbon handlebars and i9 A35 stem then cap a hardy, swift and meticulous off-road steed.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz CC Carbon with VPP lower-link mounted shock design | Threaded BB for convenience | Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub | Shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock guard, and ribbed chainstay protector | Water bottle mounts inside the main frame
- Fork: Fox 36 Float Factory 160mm, 29-inch
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate air rear shock, 160mm travel
- Stem: i9 A35
- Handlebar: Santa Cruz Bicycles AM Carbon Bar 35x800
- Front Brake: Shimano XTR M9120 with Shimano XTR Ice. Tech, Centerlock, 203mm brake rotors
- Rear Brake: Shimano XTR M9120 with Shimano XTR Ice. Tech, Centerlock, 203mm brake rotors
- Brake Levers: Shimano XTR M9120
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: Shimano XTR M9100 SGS, 12-speed
- Shift Levers: Shimano XTR M9100 SL, I-Spec, 12-speed
- Cassette: Shimano XTR, 10-51, 12-speed
- Chain: Shimano XTR, with Quick Link, 12-speed
- Crankset: E13 LG1r, Boost, 30 tooth chainring
- Bottom Bracket: Shimano XTR BB
- Front Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, i9 Hydra hub, Centerlock, 110 x 15mm thru-axle, 28 x DT Competition Race spokes
- Rear Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, i9 Hydra hub, MicroSpline, Centerlock,148 x 12mm thru-axle, 28 x DT Competition Race spokes
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ - Tubeless Ready
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ - Tubeless Ready
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Team Saddle
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 13.93kg / 30.71lbs (size medium)