Login or create an accountClose
I am a returning customer
Login or create an accountClose
Your Account Has Been Created!
Thank you for registering with STAR BIKE PARTS INC!
You will be notified by e-mail once your account has been activated by the store owner.
If you have ANY questions about the operation of this online shop, please contact the store owner.
You have been logged off your account. It is now safe to leave the computer.
Your shopping cart has been saved, the items inside it will be restored whenever you log back into your account.
Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon CC XX1 Coil Reserve 29" Mountain Bike 2020
- Brands Santa Cruz
- Product Code: MCT-P497
- Availability: In Stock
The Santa Cruz Megatower Carbon CC XX1 Coil Reserve 29" Mountain Bike fuses smooth-rolling 29er wheels with the biggest-hitting suspension to promote a totally confidence-inspiring ride character. No matter the trail severity, the Megatower will inspire hardened racers and dedicated enthusiasts alike to perform to the pinnacle of their abilities across any off-road terrain.
The full carbon frame utilises Santa Cruz’s most advanced material lay-up to increase strength in high-stress areas before the integrated VPP lower-link-mounted rear suspension design provides an ultimately progressive shock rate. This design is complemented by the generous 160mm of plush travel donated by the RockShox unit to result in increased trail traction and bottom-out resistance. Flip Chip technology within the lower-link and also in the rear dropouts then allows the ride characteristics to be fine-tuned depending on the forthcoming trails. Balanced geometry then completes a meticulous frame design by facilitating riding positions for both climbing and technical descending before the Fox 36 Float Factory fork provides plush suspension levels for enhanced trail accuracy and comfort.
The Santa Cruz Reserve 29-inch wheelset comprises full carbon rims and the i9 Hydra hubs. The rims feature a sophisticated construction to afford burliness and brawn for the fastest and rockiest of paths with the hardest of hits. The offset spoke holes then even the spoke tension for a more robust build before the precision-made i9 Hydra hubs provide smooth-rolling bearings and long term reliability.
Gear changes are courtesy of the range-topping SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS groupset. This wireless configuration is precise and dependable and clicks through the wide-ranging 12-speed cassette to offer passage across any topography. Forward drive is supplied by the carbon crank arms and their partnering oversized DUB axle with this set up ensuring efficient transfer of power from rider to machine. Modulated and powerful hydraulic discs then contribute reliable braking in any conditions.
A RockShox Reverb dropper seatpost allows the rider to alter saddle height depending on riding complexity, high for maximum pedalling efficiency, low for greater control. The Santa Cruz carbon handlebar and i9 A35 stem then complete the build by ensuring precise steering control and trail vibration damping.
- BIKE SPEC
- Frame: Santa Cruz CC Carbon with VPP lower-link mounted shock design | Threaded BB for convenience | Refined cable routing for better shifting performance, simpler installation, and no cable rub | Shuttle guard, downtube protector, shock guard, and ribbed chainstay protector | Water bottle mounts inside the main frame
- Fork: Fox 36 Float Factory 160mm, 29-inch
- Rear Shock: RockShox Super Deluxe Coil Ultimate rear shock, 160mm travel
- Stem: i9 A35
- Handlebar: Santa Cruz Bicycles AM Carbon Bar 35x800
- Front Brake: SRAM Code RSC with Avid Centerline 200mm brake rotors
- Rear Brake: SRAM Code RSC with Avid Centerline 200mm brake rotors
- Brake Levers: SRAM Code RSC
- Front Derailleur: N/A
- Rear Derailleur: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS, 12-speed
- Shift Levers: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS, 12-speed
- Cassette: SRAM XG1299 Eagle Rainbow 10-50, 12-speed
- Chain: SRAM XX1 Eagle 12-speed
- Crankset: SRAM XX1 Eagle AXS 148 DUB, 30 tooth chainring
- Bottom Bracket: SRAM DUB 68/73mm Threaded BB
- Front Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, i9 Hydra hub 110 x 15mm thru-axle, 28 x DT Competition Race spokes
- Rear Wheel: Santa Cruz Reserve 30 29-inch Carbon Rims, i9 Hydra hub 148 x 12mm thru-axle, XD, 28 x DT Competition Race spokes
- Front Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ - tubeless-ready
- Rear Tyre: Maxxis Assegai 29"x2.5" EXO+ - tubeless-ready
- Saddle: WTB Silverado Team Saddle
- Seatpost: RockShox Reverb Stealth 31.6
- Manufacturer Claimed Weight: 14.02kg / 30.92lbs (size medium)